The miracle of today


One after another it just keeps coming. Miracles. Trust me friends that we are not deserving of these. Our faith has been stripped and crazy challenged by this life. We have always said that God would still be good even if things never changed for us, even if these tests came back devastating. But for reasons only He can fathom, He has given us gift after gift during this trip.

Yesterday we had to do another day of getting ready, a cleanse. More liquid. Then we met our GI doctors and we saw God's grace on us again. Our main doctor walked into our room and immediately commented about all the verses that we had put up in our room. With going through several hospitalizations, I knew that the hardest battles in the hospital for me was the war waged in my mind. That was by far the most exhausting! So, I spent time with my mom writing out verses...putting our armor on. I knew we would need reminders in his room. Little did I know that those verses God would use to not only protect my mind but bring me allies in the battle. Our doctor said, "I love all the verses!" She explained the procedures ahead and then asked to pray with us. I said yes right away, all the while thinking, "oh shoot, what if she is praying to a foreign God?!" She prayed, "God we know you are the Great Physician. We know you can heal Moses and we ask for your healing hand to be on him. In Jesus name, Amen."

When she walked out of the room, I ugly cried. I mean hands over my face snort crying. I was so overwhelmed that God tangibly revealed his hands in all this!

Moses stunned all the doctors with how well he did taking down all the fluids, 80oz in 5 hours. That's my man!

Then, this morning he started his day at 7:30 being taken up to radiology. It was in this department where he would get probes placed that would measure the contractions in his GI tract. Tough, tough stuff. We got a chance to pray over all the people that were doing the procedure and thank God for the skills that he has given them. It took us almost three hours to be taken back to recovery. It was in those three hours that I was getting flashbacks of his time in the NICU as a baby. For all those parents who have had babies in the NICU, it is a scary and sobering thing to see your child for the first hooked up to machines that are helping them to stay alive. I was terrified that seeing Moses today would be the same. Except this time, he could show me how scared he was with his eyes. It was scary, but when you are a mom of a special needs child, you learn to stare scary in the face and keep walking. How? You have no choice. It is either walk through the scary or walk away. I am so thankful that, as a follower of Jesus, I know God is walking right with me through it.

After recovery, it was back to the room where his probes would be hooked up and that's when the real work would start. We would have to keep him still for 8-10 hours! For those who know Moses, you can hear the anxiety in our voice. Plus during that time he could not have any type of sedation or it would affect the results of the tests. So, you prayed that God would be his sedation. And he was!!! Moses laid still for 6 hours without protest!!! The doctors said that he did better than his their teenage patients. It amazes us. I am still in awe as a write this. He kept reminding himself all day to leave everything in. He had 5 X-rays and so many people touching him but no freaking out. Guys, he had peace that surpasses all understanding!

We didn't quite get all the data that was needed and so we will try again tomorrow with very little to fuss with. He pretty much just has to be still again.

We are just so amazed at how mellow and coherent Moses is. Our Doctor said, it is obvious that he has been living in so much distress. Hopefully they can find something that will help to bring healing to Moses in some way. He is still unique but less anxiety. So grateful for this team of doctors and your prayers! You are being heard by Almighty God!
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart