Recent Happenings

So, we've been in North Carolina for a little over a month now and we are absolutely loving it! We so clearly recognize that God desired for us to be here. Since moving, He has really shaken us out of a place of apathy and mobilized us for the sake of the gospel. Not that we didn't have purpose when we were back in Phoenix, we just weren't partaking in that purpose as we know see that God would have delighted us to do so. Even now, as I'm writing, I see that repentance should be sought for that lack of obedience in our time in Phoenix. However, God's grace is so sufficient to cover that sin of complacency that I'm convinced is so easy to find ourselves in when living in country. Praise Him for not letting me stay there!



I'd like to start giving some brief updates on our family as well. So, I'll start with my precious daughter Hannah. Since we have been here, she has really started to scoot around and test her own freedom. As someone told me before, crawling is when you really become a parent. Do you mean that hugging, kissing, and just watching a baby lay there isn't a full picture of parenting? I have a feeling that I may miss those days. But for now, I am loving seeing her little personality develop as she really explores the world around her. I love that she is crawling now!!

The week after we arrived her, she decided to cut her two top teeth. Let's just say that time in her life was a fight for joy in my life! It was Hiroshima in her mouth! One tooth came in and then two days later, out came the other one. I'm glad that they came quickly but man oh man that was a tough couple of days. With the new additions in her mouth, her smile as totally changed :) She just keeps getting cuter and cuter every day! I just fall in love with that little one all the time.

Dan is loving our new home of Winston-Salem as well. He is really jumping in and getting involved with 1.21 Church and enjoying getting to know our new community there. Praise God that in September, he will have an opportunity to stretch his preaching wings. He is so thankful that God gave him a topic of Biblical husbands and fathers. So, he's been studying and searching the Scriptures to prepare for that sermon. I'm thankful to because I can already start to see some of the buds of growth by studying this topic. It's so fun being apart of his life and seeing the Spirit work in him.

Lastly, I'm doing well. There are days when I miss my family and believe it or not Phoenix as well. But, God has really revealed Himself to me as my strength and sustainer through these past several weeks. He's challenged me to run to Him for comfort and familiarity. He's also provided the huge benefit of having my sister-in-law here. I love her so dearly and am immensely thankful for our friendship!

Thanks for your prayers and support. Thanks too for just keeping up with and caring about our family. We would love to hear from you as well!



post signature

Comments

Unknown said…
this is a real cute blog. maybe i should update mine

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart