Hospital Trip

So, today I went to the hospital. Now, when I talk about the hospital, remember that is my primary physician since I get free healthcare. Oh, the beauty of being Native American. Anyway, like I said yesterday, I haven't been feeling good. Well, woke up several times in the middle of the night because I had to go to the bathroom more often and because it felt like Hiroshima had exploded in my throat. I have never had a worse sore throat in my entire life!

What would a pregnant woman think in such a circumstance? Am I going to die and will this hurt the baby. Good news, I'm not dying and the baby is fine. I thought that I might have strep but we'll still have to wait a few days to see if that is true. When I went to the hospital they said that I was really dehydrated. So, they hooked me up to an IV in hopes of stopping the contractions that I was having. Yeah, I know. I was just as shocked to hear that I was having contractions because I wasn't feeling a thing. I must admit that I was pretty excited in that moment. Not because I was having contractions... I was pretty confident that those would go away once I got rehydrated. No... I was excited because I wondered, "When I'm in labor, am I going to feel the contractions?" I know, I know... wishful thinking. A girl can dream can't she.

Anyway, after a shot of tributalain (if that's how you spell it) and peeing in a cup, we were on our way home. I'll probably be here for a few more days until this cold blows over. Pray for a speedy recovery if that is God's will. If not, pray that my attitude will praise Him through this sickness.


post signature

Comments

K-Mama said…
I am dying for updates--saw on Facebook that Hannah is here! When you can post pics, that would be fabulous, but I totally understand that you will be a sleep-deprived zombie for quite sometime. No expectations here! :) Congratulations!!!

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart