It's a Girl!!

I fully realize that by breaking the surprise in my title, you may not be interested in reading the rest of this entry...but oh well.

So, we found out on Thursday afternoon. It really is amazing how the ultrasound techs can look at a picture and see if it's a girl or a boy. Well... I guess that it's not quite as hard to see if it's a boy, but looking for a girl is amazing. My sister in law told me the most hysterical way of seeing whether it's a boy or a girl on an ultrasound. If you see a hotdog shape, it's a boy. If you see a hamburger, it's a girl. We definitely saw the hamburger shape!

We are just beaming with excitement about this little girl! I knew it. I knew for about the last month that we were having a girl. Just by the way that I'm carrying and by a few other indicators that will remain nameless. So... when the 4 foot tall Native American lady who was doing our ultrasound told us that we were having a girl, I wasn't surprised. Funny though. You would have thought that I was shocked because I just starting balling. I never would have thought that I would have reacted like that. In that moment that I heard those words, "You're having a girl," it really hit me that the baby that I was looking at on that screen was our little girl! This precious little gift from Jesus was right there. Knowing now that she's a she, just makes every kick, every swish, every movement that much more meaningful because SHE'S doing it.

We also took a fun little trip to BabiesRUs with my parents on Friday night. Girls' clothes are so much more cute than the boys clothes and their clothes section is at least twice the size as the boys. It was so fun looking at the tiny onesies that said, "Daddy's little girl," or "Little Princess." New ultrasound pics will be coming soon and maybe a pic of me and my growing belly.

Update on Lincoln: God has been so good to our little nephew! Every report that we get back seems to be better and better, but he's still not out of the woods yet. Today's he's having a few tests done. One is to see if his Hydrops (the disease that was causing the fluid build up) has gotten better. Another test is to see whether his PDA is closing. That's a little artery that goes between his two major arteries while he is developing in the womb, but should close a few days after a baby is born. As of last week, his hadn't closed yet which was causing high blood pressure and a slew of other issues. If his PDA hasn't closed, then they're going to do heart surgery tomorrow. But, the doctores are hopeful that it may be closing on it's own because he is doing so well. Continue to pray that his little frame develops, his lungs keep building strength, his PDA closes, his thoracic duct develops and that he grows to be a man that loves Jesus. We are so thankful for all the answers to prayer! God has and will continue to be good to this little boy. Of this, we don't have any doubt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart