Emergency Room trip. Don't worry... everything is fine!

So, I haven't put any of the ultrasound pics yet because I can't figure out my scanner. One of these days, you'll get to see some pics.

First, I'll tell you about the visit to the doctor last week and ultrasound. Then, I'll tell you about the visit to the emergency room. The doctor's visit was so great! I just love that little one so much already. Our appointment was at 11:30 and I was so anxious the whole morning. Dan was really hoping to find out if it was a boy or a girl, but we were about 2 weeks early for that type of news. Some people say that you can tell the sex of the baby around 15 weeks and I was only 13 weeks when we went. The doctors told me that I needed to have a full bladder when I went for the ultrasound, so they suggest drinking a quart of water an hour before the appointment. The worst part is, I wasn't allowed to pee for that whole hour!! Talk about painful, but I made it. For some reason, the Phoenix Indian Medical Center doesn't allow the dad in for the first few minutes of the ultrasound. While that stunk for Dan, I got to have a little time with just the kiddo and me. I couldn't see much, but it was amazing to see someone swimming around in my stomach. I didn't cry then, but I did cry when Dan came in the room. He is going to be and already is such an amazing dad. Right when he came in, he just started talking to my stomach. He saw the monitor and it's almost like it just clicked for him. He just started saying, "Hi little one." That's when I lost it. It hit me that this was our child!

They took some pictures and measurements. Hopefully you'll get to see those soon. We were also hoping that the sneak peek we got of the little one will be a preview of what our kid will be like. The tech said that our baby was really docile. It wasn't moving a whole lot, but then every once in a while it would make a little jerk movement. So, it was either sleeping or it was awake and had some hiccups. The baby is right on track for its growth and development. And, they said that my due date might be a little bit earlier. So, the due date could be between Sept 29th and Oct. 2nd.

We also got to hear the heartbeat, when we saw the doctor that same day. I absolutely loved hearing that little baby's heartbeat!!

So, the emergency room... I had to go to the emergency room yesterday because I had been having some severe abdominal pains. A lot of women had told me that it was probably just my uterus streching, but I knew that it had to be something different. So, we went to the hospital and after a series of awkward and uncomfortable tests, they found out that I have an infection. It's not a big deal or at least they made it sound like it was fairly normal. So, I have to take antibiotics for a week and then go in for a check up. If I am still having the pain, it may be that I have a cyst. Yucky! But, we'll find that out when we go for the check up on August 15th.

Throughout all of this, I've just been so amazed that Jesus... Jesus himself is weaving together this little child. How do I know this? John 1:3, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." How amazing is that?! My Savior is in charge of bringing about the life that is growing inside of me! Praise Him for the life that He is and that He gives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart