JOY!!!

Well, Dan and I have some great news! We've been waiting for a little one for a little over a year and two weeks ago we found out that God answered our prayers. We're pregnant! Today is our first doctors appointment and I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm a little scared. We couldn't get an appointment until two weeks after we had a positive pregnancy test! Oh the anticipation, the excitement! But, we're hoping to get to see our little munchkin today. I should be about 7 weeks. I'm thinking that the doctor might want me to have an ultrasound today because I have endometerosis, a disease where the endometerial fibers grow outside of the uterus. From everything that I've read, I may be considered as having a high risk pregnancy. We'll see. I definitely need to watch how much I am researching and reading. I think that sometimes it can be a cause of unneeded stress. Ignorance really can be bliss.

As far as changes in me... I haven't had very many changes yet. So far it seems as though God is blessing me with a fairly easy first trimester. I don't have morning sickness! The tiredness and soarness I can handle. I'm also starting to notice that my pants are getting just a little bit tighter. I've started to look at maternity clothes, but just for the fun of it at this point. I'm not popping out yet. As a child of God battling this culture of image, I have to constantly remind myself that this weight gain is a good thing. I'm not getting fat but God is growing a baby inside of me. It seems as though the self-denial of parenting has already begun in the way that I view myself. No longer room for me to be overly concerned with my body image. No more thoughts of diets. It should probably be this way anyway. Amazing how God is starting the process of growth even now.

Well, the reason that we tell people that we are pregnant before we've even heard from the doctor is because we want to beg for your prayers!! We realize that everything that has come into being is here because of the Lifegiver Jesus. He can choose to sustain this little life or take it home already. We're praying that He'll sustain it. Will you pray with us?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His second coming

Mold and Moving

Our heart for Moses' heart